1. A copy of the student's official birth certificate (notarized/legal document)
2. A copy of the student's Social Security Card (if applicable)
3. Current immunization record
4. Proof of Residency- Everyone, regardless of how long their child has been enrolled in DISD or if the guardian is an employee of DISD must present one of the following on registration day:
a. Utility Bill - Must be an electric, gas, or water bill. No other type will be accepted.
b. If you are a renter who does not pay utilities, a copy of your lease with appropriate signatures, dates, and address will work.
c. If you live with another family and your name is not on any of the documents mentioned above, the owner of the home must provide you with a Notarized letter naming you and all of your children who are students living in the household along with the address. The homeowner must then provide us with a copy of a utility bill with their name on it.
5. A parent or Legal Guardian must be present: Every student, regardless of age, must have a parent or legal guardian with them on enrollment day. If you are the legal guardian, we must have appropriate legal to that effect on file.
6. Paperwork: Every student must fill out a registration packet every year. For your convenience, some of the documents will be available online by July 17. There will still be some necessary forms for you to fill out during registration.
Please plan sufficient time (at least an hour) to complete the registration process during your visit.
We request you attend on the designated day for specified grade levels. Families with siblings attending DIS in different grades may register them on the same day.
If you are unable to attend the scheduled sessions, please call the office 806-244-7380 to make alternate arrangements.